Let's Speak The Same Language

Saturday, September 13, 2014

WILL IT BE A TOAST OR A ROAST? HIS DAUGHTER'S UPCOMING WEDDING

cabinet and decor in the complex my physician's office is in
A busy and joyous time ahead. A week from today, September 20th, I give my daughter away. It's a difficult writing task also as I'm to make a toast. Given the divorce twixt her mother and I when she was four, the toast is problematical, specially since everyone tells me, "You cannot use the d word. It's a wedding, dummy, and you don't bring up divorce there." My daughter has overcome many difficult times that I would love to recount at her wedding. All her adventures, every darn one of them, make her the wonderful and marvelous person she is today. Unfortunately, all her triumphs are out of bounds material as there will be people there not in the know. 

Two weeks from today, thanks to Christopher Luna's invite, I'm one of several featured poets at the Angst Gallery for the September 27 event: 100 Thousand Poets for Change/ William Stafford Centennial Reading I'm to read a poem by Stafford and one of my own. Stafford was the outside poet I chose to read my poetry ms. I'll read one of my poems he would have read. By and large, he approved of my ms, and, sometimes, I realize how I failed to realize the promise he suggested might lie ahead for me. 

I'm still red penciling my last time through the novel, The Man In the Mirror. More than halfway through this final touch up, the more I read it, the more I like it. Hope an agent will like it too. 

The Manning novel continues apace. Just over the next ridge line, maybe two, I foresee the end of that novel journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment