Let's Speak The Same Language

Friday, October 30, 2015

BEATNIK BOOMER GETS OIL AND PROJECT CHANGE

Here I sit at McCord's Toyota, getting our Yaris an oil change and tire rotation. Here's my next set of writing tasks. A movie script. I've got a good central idea, and I picture Morgan Freeman in the film too. It'll be science fiction, and, of course, that means some technical problems and plot difficulties to overcome in order to create plausibility. What I'm doing now is writing down ideas and problems and certain interesting moments in the plot and asking myself questions like: "Why does X kill Y?" "What is Morgan Freeman doing in that town?"   "Where did he come from?" "How do I show the viewer this complication?" This is the fun part for me. For Ghoul World, I was aflame with imagination for about 3 days before the hard work of writing came into play. Then it took 2 years to get 555 pages done and rewritten three times. Photo is me in McCord's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment