Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

BEATNIK EATS PRIME RIB AND READS POETRY OF MARY OLIVER

Yesterday, I did not write. It was my 78th birthday. For one meal I stopped being a vegan and had a prime rib, medium rare, at Black Angus. Wife, meanwhile, ordered french fried sweet potatoes and grilled asparagus. When we got home, she was still hungry because the sweet potatoes were too greasy. She ate barely one or three. Frankly, I like the homemade tomato soup I made two dinners ago more than the prime rib. Surprised me. Also for my birthday, we spent the whole day together. In the morning, we walked at the Lloyd Center, a mall, Mertie shoe shopped while we were there, then we ate lunch at the Veggie Grill, walked some more and went to see the movie Steve Jobs before Black Angus. Mertie thought the movie was depressing, but we both found it interesting.

Today, I finished rewrite of Chapter 43 of Ghoul World. Five more chapters to go, and another rewrite will be done. Walked at the Burnt Bridge Creek Trail again and came home. 

Currently reading some work by Neal Cassidy. Finished a book of collected verse by Mary Oliver. She is quintessentially a woman. I mean by that she's written some poetry that a man would not be able to write. Of course, I can no more prove my evaluation than I can high jump the Moon outside my window. 

No comments:

Post a Comment