Let's Speak The Same Language

Friday, March 31, 2017

BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS ie A BLADDER INFECTION?

Today 125 people looked in on this writer's blog. Thank you for taking an interest. Cheer up poets and fiction writers, essayists and writers and philosophers of all sorts. E.O. Wilson writes, "If our species can be said to have a soul, it lives in the humanities." 
      The Meaning of Human Existence — p.185

I have done no rewriting for two days. Yesterday, I spent a good part of the afternoon in Kaiser-Permanente's urgent care on Mill Plain Blvd. I was pissing pure blood and pus and clots of blood. There was so much thick matter in my bladder that several times I had to push quite hard to get a flow started. I won't know until tomorrow, after a culture grows, if the cause of the bleeding is a bladder infection or the type of bleeding that can follow irradiation of the prostate because of a thinning bladder wall. For safety sake the PA put me on a strong antibiotic. Today I was too tired to write effectively. I didn't sleep last night for fear I wouldn't be able to pee in the morning when I got up. The threat of visit to an emergency room and a catheter was hanging over my head. Wanted to keep the flow going all night long. Drank quarts of blueberry/cranberry juice. Today, the urine is clear again. Whew. No catheter!

I'm tired right now and am bringing this entry to a close so I can go sit in my lounge chair again and luxuriate in the feelings of an invalid.Tomorrow the Zags play South Carolina in the NCAA tournament.

1 comment:

  1. Hi George. Sorry to hear about your experience. In the past 3 months I had 3 bladder infections. Ugh! I'm glad your urine is clear. I too feared the catheter but luckily I have a good flow and am able to empty my bladder. I'm ok now. My doctor gave me these instructions:

    1. Stay well hydrated
    2. Empty your bladder frequently
    3. Empty your bladder after intercourse
    4. Wipe from front to back
    5. Cranberry supplement twice daily
    6. D-mannose supplement (l tsp in glass of water or 1 capsule) twice daily
    This is a kind of sugar which binds with bacteria in your bladder so you can urinate
    bacteria out
    7. Daily probiotic supplement to improve the quality of bacteria in the bowelsH

    Hope this info can help you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete