Let's Speak The Same Language

Saturday, January 20, 2018

WRITING WRITING WRITING .... POETRY

Marsden Hartley. Like this one.
Tonight was looking over Marsden Hartley's art as his poetry is included in American Poetry: The Twentieth Century. It's late, nearing midnight on Friday. For weeks, I've been writing and rewriting the ms of lüshi I now call, Plain As Day: Old Grayhouse Consults Hanshan. I'm hooked on poetry again. Can't write enough of it. It's wonderful to feel this way about writing poetry again. Poetry was, I think, my first love, but I saw there was little money in it, and, crass as I've been, I put it aside except for occasional spurts of energy. My eye is still on a final rewrite of the sci fi novel, Ghoul World. I'm sure I'll get to it in time. If I don't, my bucket list is bust, or I'll have to add "to write all the best poetry I can in my 80s. I'm pretty happy about the poetry so far, quite happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment