Let's Speak The Same Language

Monday, March 2, 2015

I'VE GOT AN ACCORDIAN IN MY HANDS ... IT PLAYS ITSELF

I've got the latest FOURBYTWO in my grubby little hands, and it's designed anew again, by gosh and by gum and by Jeremy Gaulke. I've had it for a week about. This time it opens out like an accordion with the front and back covers as separate ends. Is it musical? Yes, and cryptic too, the songs. I can't say too much as I'm drained from fighting county hall commissioners who show up in priestly robes occasionally to drop their version of their God upon our skeptical and doubting heads and molest our blithe spirit with their Teapublican rue. 
Don't ask me why!


Maybe I'm just vulnerable, but Sandra Beasley's poem, "The Hotel Devotion", snuck right in between a couple of my ribs and found my heart [the seat of all poetical emotions]. It's too long to show here, so, this time, you gotta buy and read it. Klipschutz is inside too, nailing all the sidewalls up tight so the ocean won't drown you. I've got to go to the dentist now. I'm including a poetry review of FourByTwo from another source. See here!

No comments:

Post a Comment