Let's Speak The Same Language

Monday, September 21, 2015

BEATNICK BOOMER HAPPY ENOUGH WITH FEATURED READING SELF

The reading at Paper Tiger Coffee last Wednesday, went very well, I thought, and thanks again to Joyce Colson for inviting me to be a featured reader there. I read poems from my checkered past with women and about women I've read about too or whose stories I've heard something about. All mixed together, of course, to protect the innocent. The fine line drawing to the right is by Christopher Luna who I was so glad to see at the reading. He's been very kind to me and appreciative of my work. I enjoy that he refers to me as the Henry Miller of Vancouver. The poetic lines around my head are from the last poem I read that night. 

The third rewrite of Ghoul World is speeding along. Couldn't be happier with how it's turning out. No more responses to work or inquiries I've sent out. Fingers forever locked in a crossed position.

I've met a young writer named Lindsey Kurtz and heard from her about a local prose-writing group here in Vancouver. So am connecting via Facebook with her and her writing friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment