Let's Speak The Same Language

Monday, January 30, 2017

SILENT BOOMER BEATNIK GOING TO THE PIIF

Drove into Portland this morning to buy tickets for 10 films during the Portland International Film Festival. For me starting on the 9th thru 23rd September some of my writing time will be interrupted by the Festival and the required dislocating travel to and from Portland at odd hours. I especially look forward to two 10:30 pm films at the Bagdad theater for adults only. Lovely experience to come out of theater magic into the nighttime Portland streets and feel all alone creepiness. These foreign films will have subtitles and that allows me with my bad hearing to enjoy films at theaters that don't have captioning devices for old codgers like me. Sometimes when my schedule is so disrupted, writing time gets scramble too, but I'm anticipating great viewing experiences ahead. Mertie who works will go to one film with me on Sunday the 12th. She's okay with this since she likes her routine even more strongly than I like mine. This PIFF extravaganza has become a routine with us. It will be great when she can retire too and join me, but, of course, I'll be in my 90s then...as long as cancer doesn't come back to get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment