Let's Speak The Same Language

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

THIS IS A MYTUBE PRODUCTION

Four times a day, I shove the red rubber foot and a quarter worm that I hold in my right  hand [that's right, my "right" hand], into my terwilliger until its snout says, "ur in." I then direct the "result" into a plastic pail to be quantified and logged in my "Daily Urination Log". That's right, I've joined the Urine Nation. Six, noon, six and midnight I do the deed. Often, I'm left with an uncomfortable sensation  — although the process is more uncomfortable than painful — that resembles an urge to urinate. This sensation keeps me awake when I'd rather be sleeping. I believe I'm living on 3 to 4 hours of sleep a day. Today I tried to go to the gym to exercise. I could only exercise about 20 minutes, but I did feel hale enough to go to the senior room where I attempted to play cribbage. I hesitated to join in playing cribbage because I suddenly feared I couldn't remember how to play cribbage after a lifetime of playing cribbage. I imagined at first that my mind was going, but I believe, now, that my exhaustion is so severe as to deprive me of my full mental capacity at times. If you think I can do much writing in this state of mind, you must be losing yours. My life resembles the life of someone in a railroad car where a terrorist bomb has just gone off. However, I am messing around with rewriting some very old poetry that I cannot do much damage to. I sent five of them off last night when I wasn't sleeping. I asked my urologist the other day, if I would be needing to do this "drilling" for the rest of my life. He didn't make any promises but suggested he has a few tricks up his sleeve. Meanwhile, for the next few months, I'll be trying to adjust my life to this daily boring process.

2 comments:

  1. I have another most excellent movie idea! lets talk about it! Simple drama, with a pretty cool surprise ending...
    Sad to hear your un-comfort. That just sucks. Looking forward to seeing you on Thanksgiving now that we are off the road!!! Love and hugs, Sean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you get my previous reply, Sean? I am so tired and exhausted that talking about anything creative is probably out of the question. I'm not entirely certain that I'll be up to the trip to Spokane on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure that anyone understands how debilitated I am with my current situation. Several times talking to nurses about my condition, I've broken into tears, fearing that my enjoyable life is more or less over. I'm very sad about my situation.

      Delete