Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

NOT BEATNICKING OFF. DONE.

I stole this picture here:
Third rewrite is done, Programming Frank Singletary. Finished yesterday morning then drove into Portland to attend the monthly lunch with Humanist of Greater Portland men. All old timers, we talked about the various ways to maintain erections after prostate removal. Laughing, we said we were relieved no younger members were at the lunch. They'd be traumatized. 

I haven't mentioned that my novel, Angie's Choice, was rejected for publication in a contest I entered. It was 9 1/2 months in process. 

This morning I've tried to do some poetry rewriting to put another poetry ms. together. A practice run for self-publishing on Amazon, but I wasn't inspired. My heart wasn't in it. I must get busy on rewrite of Ghoul World. Think I'll take a course in screenplay writing at Northwest Film Center so I can turn the novel into a screen play too. It still needs work, I'm sure. Tighten up the tension.  

This morning I also gave myself permission to take it easy for a month or a couple of weeks, kick back and read. Can't seem to do it. Think I fear my mental powers further declining.

2 comments:

  1. sounds like lots of writing going on (good stuff)...work has completely consumed me this year, changing everything about "the plan" to be semi-retired and travel..hopefully I can also give myself permission to turn away the "extra work" and get back to the (good stuff) plan : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope whatever you do, you can enjoy doing it...work or more travel.

    ReplyDelete