Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why I Called This Blog WELL SEASONED WRITING

As you will note, I've changed the title for this blog since I began, but I am a Silent Boomer, well seasoned by years in the vat...so to speak. Then I quit drinking!

Originally I had wanted a title that would suggest that age has something do with its contents. Like wine or whiskey, age adds a bouquet to the flavor of a writer's words... a certain elderberry flavor. One of the first things I noted when I took up the original title and did a Google search was that "seasoning" and "seasoned writing" put me among writers whose blogs are devoted to cooking. Cooks are an interesting bunch of radishes to begin with. Julia Child proved that a cook can be a lovable character, n'est-ce pas, while cooking and writing too.

Of course, I wanted the word "writing" or "writer" in the title so that a search for the topic of writing or writers might send people my way, but the words Boomer and Silent have a certain attraction too for Googlers. 

My first and my final selection for a title are not bad selections, then, if one hopes for a little success. Are they?


No comments:

Post a Comment