Let's Speak The Same Language

Sunday, November 17, 2013

BOOMER, SILENTLY BEATS ON

More than a week since an entry has appeared here. Had to do with a gap when I had nothing to say, then a family visit followed by another period of nothing to say. I've been working on a plot outline for Manning, rereading everything I've written and condensing the material into synopses to help me recall important information about characters and future plot elements. 

the Oregon Coast
I continually fear I'll lose interest before I finish the Manning novel. Many times recently, I've begun books only to lose interest after 50 or 100 pages. Ideas come easily, but the finger numbing job of sitting down and typing has not been a happy process for my poetical psyche. I'm good for the short dash, but the long haul is difficult. I've managed to complete four novels, but it's been awhile since that happened. 


Burroughs and Kerouac
Went to watch Big Sur, based on novelist alcoholic  Jack Kerouac's book by that name, and I wish we'd gone to the Oregon Coast this last summer. I don't know what can be said about his alcoholic take on life since it led to his own early & ugly death. I've always thought one section of Big Sur represents a true picture of Delirium tremens if you're curious about how it feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment