Let's Speak The Same Language

Sunday, March 2, 2014

BEAT BOOMER'S BEATIFIC FEAST DAY: ART AND FOOD TOO

Full hungry artist day. Wife and I departed home 9:00 am for drive to Oswego where she attended Kosen Rufu, a monthly community meet of Soka Gakkai. Dropped me off at a Starbucks to write while she attended. I'm adding a section into segment 19. It's purpose is to present information directly through the lips of hit man, Johnny Dundee, rather than to have it summarized by Charley Manning in a later segment. This forced me to take material out of segment 23 which I'll have to go back to next and pull together, like healing a wound with professional job of stitching by an emergency room doctor. This week I believe I managed to write a minimum of an hour each day and for many hours longer. 


Bacon self portrait found here...
Mertie and I went next to eat a delicious lunch at vegan restaurant, Blossoming Lotus. I had a tofu, mushroom and spinach scramble with sides of home fries and kale. DELICIOUS! Then on to the Portland Art Museum where a touring exhibit of Venetian art, 16th through 18th centuries, is on display. YUMMY! Then downstairs to look at Bacon's triptych of friend Lucien Freud on display through March 31. SCRUMPTIOUS! Today was bursting with the taste of artfully prepared food and art itself. What a day. Tonight we plan to watch Nebraska, ending our day with a mouth watering Independent Film.

Recently I learned that "holding a glass of ice water" will temporarily influence the holder to "feel" the world and fellow humans as psychologically colder. I wonder if Bacon's name had something to do with his portraits of humans as slabs of beef? Who knows? More sensible things have proven to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment