Let's Speak The Same Language

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

BEATNIK SILENT BOOMERS DO WEAR TIES

Oh, happy day! Today Mertie and I are celebrating our 14th wedding anniversary. That's the corn pone anniversary isn't it? Corn pone i.e. unleavened cornbread in the form of flat oval cakes or loaves, originally prepared with water by North American Indians and cooked in hot ashes. I ought to have a photo of Mertie to put in here, instead of just me, but I'm at Torque Coffee to write and dressed to meet her after work at Grant House for dinner. I took this unusual tie and brand new haircut [WHAT HAIR, you say] photo just now at the Torque. I don't have any photos of Mertie on this laptop. All our photos are on the desktop Mac, and I don't need a photo to call up her lovely face. 


The writing has not felt so good since the early months when I was afire with the original story line. I'm moving ahead steadily now, though I still take pains from paragraph to paragraph, working to remove roughness of prose and phrasing. At one point awhile back, I told myself I ought to just plow ahead and worry about polish later, but I can't seem to stick to that plan. 

Well back to the novel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment