Let's Speak The Same Language

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

SEA LIONS AND GARBAGE DISPOSAL PROBLEMS

Vacation retreat. Lovely and right on the beach. Yesterday, Labor Day, was my first attempt to write after more than a week long break, but my mind wouldn't focus. Having the same problem today. I'm giving up for another day. This often happens to me on Mondays after a weekend of not writing. Maybe my mind is adrift because of the garbage disposal unit that went out last night. Can't get someone to install the one I bought at Home Depot until Thursday. I'm just too old to get down on hands and knees for a extended time to do the job myself. Disposal unit burned up while wife and I were having a heated discussion about cooking. A rare event, the heat. And costly too. I'm 80 years old and did not know until yesterday that a disposal will overheat and burn out if you don't run cold water through it even if it's not grinding on anything. I know one needs to run cold water when grinding up garbage, but...? Nothing else new except we learned that the sea lions go missing from Sea Lion Cave as winter approaches. Still, the cave itself was interesting, and they gave us a rain check we can use next year if we go again. Plus two dollar price cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment