Let's Speak The Same Language

Monday, October 5, 2020

I'VE BEEN GONE SO LONG

Well, hello, Halloween! Hello, too, alliteration. Halloween, like Christmas in Macy's already, is coming close. Again, it's been awhile, and people who look in are dwindling drastically. I was warned. Weekly, at least, posts are a positive position when it comes to blogging. I deserve every ding I get if I don't post more. 

Lately, the writing life is wonderfully wild. Day after day I do it, and I do it at home, weaning myself from the coffee shop clutch. I'm picking up some pale poetry and pampering it with reams of rewriting. Still, too, writing and rewriting those stories that I think are good. PLUS, a big plus, I wrote a new story called Free Love. It's probably not finished. Nothing I write is finished until it's published. I can't cock an eye at anything unpublished without making changes. That means I have a lot of unfinished work on my hands, novels, short stories, essays and poetry. A screenplay or two and a couple of plays. I'm all alliterated out.

No comments:

Post a Comment