Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

SILENT BOOMER FINDS HIMSELF WITH CRACKED POTS

Laura Dufala ceramic
Rewrite of Sophie's Choice went so well this morning that I drove to McMennamen's in Troutdale, Oregon to take in the "Cracked Pots Art Show". The day was humid and hot for Oregon. Signage at show offered statistics about America's trash production from which the recyclers work. 

Beautiful crafts. I bought earrings for Mertie and an inexpensive piece of ceramic wall art by Laura Dufala of Gresham, Oregon. A couple of young women offered skirts made of men's ties. Thought of Mertie, but they required hand washing. Domesticated me, asked. The work that most intrigued me was Kelly Phipps Metalworks. Click the link and take a look. She's damn good, but the best pieces were out of our price range.


A mere two pages left in Chapter Nineteen. Rewrite lifted my spirits. I caught an inconsistency in the original ms that was a chapter apart. Some days my attention to detail is better than others. The violent ending has begun from which Angie Davis will emerge a transformed woman. 

McMennamen hotel from pitch and putt golf course

Strangely (atheist that I am), I heard myself think "coming in on a wing and a prayer" as I contemplated the final landing of Angie's Choice. How many remember that old WWII song?

No comments:

Post a Comment