Let's Speak The Same Language

Thursday, October 17, 2013

SILENT BOOMER BOOMS THROUGH ROADBLOCK ...TECHNICALLY

Yesterday, I finally saw my way through the technical problem and came up with a communication system that's plausible. The future of the futuristic novel, Manning, began to have a heartbeat once more. The more you know about how the brain works, the less plausible "thought commands" seem.
photo link
Finger Food Please, George

On other fronts, good things. A poem is to be anthologized in an upcoming anthology out of Printed Matter publishing, Toni Partington's and Christopher Luna's house. Due out in December, I think. Chris and Toni also interviewed me for an article that appeared in our local alternative newspaper, the Vancouver Vector. I also reconnected with poet, songwriter, sometimes journalist, Kurt Lipschutz (aka klipschutz) while he was sailing up the West Coast on a book tour for This Drawn and Quartered Moon. Mertie and I published Kurt in George & Mertie's Place (a monthly microzine my wife and I produced from 1995 thru 2001). Also huffed and puffed up my courage and ventured into Portland to participate at Three Friends open mic, my first reading South of the mighty Columbia River. Featured poet that night was Douglas Spangle whose recent poetry collection, A White Concrete Day, came out from GobQ Books. You can get it at Mother Foucault's Bookshop in Portland.

Today I learned: the more names a writer drops, the longer it takes to get a blog entry finished. Hail Columbia! Roll on!

No comments:

Post a Comment