Let's Speak The Same Language

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

GROGGY BEAT BOOMER MISTAKES AND MIRROR LAKE

Always something else troubling my publication plan. Today, I woke groggy, tried to rewrite for three hours before I fully awakened, and I have a terrible pain in my right side under the rib cage distracting me. Doctor's appointment Wednesday. Every mysterious pain is always cancer in my imagination. 

Found myself so groggy I mixed up characters again. Called Larry, Curtis and Curtis, Larry. Silly slips, but serious enough to make me wonder about the first six chapters. I fear I'll have to work so meticulously slow, I'll be 105 before I finish the final rewrite of Angie's Choice

The video is from yesterday, Sunday, when wife and I hiked up to Mirror Lake. Watch it all the way through. A lovely surprise at the end. The still photo is of several members of the crew that founded Willow Springs at Eastern Washington University. We were gathered for our annual softball game on a wheat ranch near Oakesdale, Washington owned by Carole Mills's parents. She was an early supporter. 
Carole Mills, a wise and perceptive woman, and I once discussed why no sparks ever flew between us. For her part, she said she had "no desire to stick my hand into a meat grinder." Ouch! 

After we graduated, Bill "William" O'Daly took over as managing editor and brought the magazine along, out of the farm country feel of hippies into the glossy world of the university literary magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment