Let's Speak The Same Language

Thursday, June 27, 2013

SILENT BOOMER IS IGNORED BY A HERON

Today has been a creative bust. Couldn't get my wangbanger fired up. Sat at keyboard, wearing my backside flat, trying to connect with my characters. They weren't speaking to me or to one another. I decided to change my venue and drove into downtown Vancouver to Torque coffee shop and looked for my characters there. They'd been there, I was told, but left just a minute before I arrived. Did find a huge crowd lined up to eat free bowls at The Mighty Bowl, a traveling food truck which was celebrating one year of a solidly successful existence. Through the week, the Bowl changes locations, and Thursdays it parks at the Torque. The line ran 40 people long and still going after an hour and a half. I couldn't imagine how a truck that small carried enough food to serve all the patrons who showed up. Actually, I couldn't imagine much of anything. 

Cursing my muse, I left Torque to walk by the mighty Columbia River where I met an aloof Gray Heron upon a rock. "What's the haps," I asked, but he sat upon a gray rock that set off his feathers quite nicely and gave me the bird. He was writing haiku most likely. About grayness or ambiguity or Mark Twain on the Mississippi. As for me, I had to be satisfied with a purloined thought...the one about tomorrow being another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment