Let's Speak The Same Language

Monday, June 24, 2013

SILENT BOOMER, SONS EAT BREAKFAST IN LONG BEACH

My youngest son, Patrick (right), visits next week. He teaches physical education in Spokane and occasionally takes a continuing education workshop in Portland. A creative type too, he has put together improv troupes in Spokane and Bremerton for many years. He's currently forming another group in Spokane. They'll perform out of the Blue Door Theater most likely.

Photo's from last summer at excellent 42nd Street Cafe in Long Beach, Wa. Older son, Sean (left), works in a creative field too. Has his own business in graphic design and now lives and works thru his midlife crisis out of a fifth wheeler on the road in partnership with his wife, Sheila. 

Still coughing thru the nite (even with cough suppressant). Baldness, bad cold, cough and cold meds don't create much but fevered flashes within my synaptic self. I'll restart rewrite of Angie's Choice on Monday I believe.

Found new place to eat vegan and think revolution. The Red and the Black Cafe in Portland. Co-op ownership and IWW Union shop. Couldn't ask for a more beat place. The food is great.  Once or twice I'll have to drive over there to write, see if it fires my flickering imagination. Maybe Tuesday when I go to Portland for the Humanist men's monthly lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment