Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

BEATNICK SILENT GETS HEAD BLOWN OFF TWO TIMES

Oh, good heavens, Minerva! I'm at Black Rock. Planned to work on my best selling novel, Manning and discovered my brain farted again, left me with soiled frontal lobes. I carry my novel back and forth between laptop work at coffee shops and desktop work at home on a thumb drive. Sometimes, I forget to load the most current Manning file onto the thumb drive for transport. Today, I'm stuck here, drinking my soy Chai latte, with yesterday's Black Rock file on the thumb drive. This morning's home work remains there

My forgetfulness is a minor inconvenience today. Worse when I spend a couple of hours reworking Manning and discover, I've been working on an older version of the novel. Then I've got new work in an older version of Manning and a previous rewrite in a separate file. The two versions are irreconcilable, beyond mere copying. They cry to be rejoined. Sayeth, yon Romeo:
Chris and Toni

See how she leans her cheek upon her hand. 
O, that I were a glove upon that hand
That I might touch that cheek!  

On a happier note, my piece of creative non-fiction, "The Kiggins and I Were Meant For Each Other", appears in Feb's Vancouver Vector, and a poem appears in Ghost Town Poetry Anthology, II, eds: Toni Partington and Chris Luna. Coincidental is the fact their photo appears near a mention of  "Romeo and Juliet". Fortunately no family feud  intervenes. 

Speaking of family. No more nasty family could be found as Siyar's murderous bunch in last night's PIFF film, "Before Snowfall". The last scene, a wedding, blew the top of my head off. Still stunned, recalling it.

No comments:

Post a Comment