Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

WEATHER BEATING TOWARD SNOW WHILE SILENT WRITES

Staring out the window of Black Rock Coffee where I'm writing today, rising out of the distant treeline, I can see the cap of snow on Mt. Hood. In this region, just about anywhere you go, you can spot the snow capped peak of Mt. Hood. It's as iconic to Portland and surrounding Oregon sites as Japan's Mt. Fuji is to the Japanese. This photo I've just taken with my laptop's PhotoBooth camera doesn't clearly show Mt. Hood which I can see in the distance between Al's Bowling and another building to Al's right. It's peak is directly entwined in the barren branches of the first tree back from the foreground tree.

The writing is going well today. Inserted a new segment after segment #6, renumbered the following segments and got well into a date between Manning and weather woman Misty Frampton which will be segment #21. The relationship between my two ghouls is going in its own direction. I keep wanting to make it one thing, but it keeps wanting to be another thing altogether. I like that, but will I pay attention to its real presence in my subconscious?

Sometimes futuristic language can be funny. Would you, as a reader, accept the term "ghoulanity" as having replaced "humanity" in our species' future? Or is it just too humorous for words? Those are the decisions in futuristic writing. Writing is fun when it  goes as it has today. Now over to Fred Meyer to put in my hour walk, during this 32 degree frigidly sunny afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment