Let's Speak The Same Language

Saturday, February 1, 2014

MINIVIEW OF GHOST TOWN POETRY ANTHOLOGY 2004 - 2014

Just finished my copy of Ghost Town Poetry Anthology, Volume Two, edited by Christopher Luna and Toni Partington, published by their Printed Matter in Vancouver, WA. What a wonderful job they've done. A solid production all the way through between kaleidoscopic covers. 

Read the anthology over a three day period, reading slowly and joyfully an hour or so each time, drawn in by poet after poet and disappointed that there were not more poems by each poet for my enjoyment, but that's the nature of an anthology—to give the reader a taste so that the reader wants more. A problem for this mini-viewer is that I can't begin to name one poet's work without feeling I've left out too many others. As I read, at first I jotted down names of poems and poets that most captured my attention, planning on mentioning them, but the list grew so long it might as well include all the poems in Ghost Town and this is only a mini-view. 

If I were a name dropper and began there, you'd be surprised, perhaps, by the number of notable poets who have been featured readers at the Ghost Town Open Mic in Vancouver and whose poems are included in the anthology. Then again, if you know Toni Partington and Christopher Luna, you won't be surprised by their contacts among the poets of this region and beyond. My reading of their publication was one long celebration between my ears and down to my dancing slippers so I backed off that plan and, instead, invite you to read for yourself the diverse, intelligent and emotionally engaging poetry put together by Chris and Toni in this anthology. 

Get hold of a copy of Ghost Town Poetry, Volume Two and read it. The anthology can be found at Cover To Cover Books and, of course, can be ordered at your favorite independent bookseller. Cover To Cover Books is the home of the Ghost Town Open Mic, the second Thursday of each month. A featured reader is always present in the midst of the opening and closing open mic celebrations.  

No comments:

Post a Comment