Let's Speak The Same Language

Saturday, June 21, 2014

BIG MOUNTAIN TURNED INTO LITTLE BEATNICK MOLEHILL

The Gordian knot begins to unravel
For several days the writing has gone well. In the current chapter of Manning at page 170, I'm introducing one of several surprises planned for the novel. The reader will meet one of the several kinds of beings that inhabit Planet Earth 250 years from now, but I realized I don't have to show the reader the entire mystery of this character just yet. I think his name might be Neo D'Thal. I can still tease the reader, introduce this interesting character, but not reveal everything about him. What's been so smooth lately is that I can see ahead for several chapters again, and the pressure is off for awhile. This makes writing enjoyable, and I believe that this book could easily be published by someone other than myself and could easily be a movie. 

Tonight, Mertie and I watched Blood Simple, a Coen brothers film. They certainly know how to complicate a plot. Several times in the movie, I could hear them talking about the several possibilities for each scene so that the viewer is under constant tension. It was the Coen's first film, and I understand how professional they had to make it in order to build their future in the movie business.

No comments:

Post a Comment