Let's Speak The Same Language

Saturday, May 25, 2013

BEAT AS EVER, THE BOOMER TAKES A SPILL

You're not going to believe this...or maybe you will. I'd feel horrible about it, except I've read of major authors who fell into a similar ditch. 

Elderly Man Falls Down 
I was looking over the early pages of Angie's Choice in preparation to sending  another sample chapter or number of pages (as requested) to the agents I was querying when I found a glaring error. I'd combined the first name of one of my major characters and the last name of another male character. On page two of the manuscript no less. If you've been following this blog, you know that I've been sending out these Angie's Choice samples for several months now. Oh, no!

My hope is that I made the error relatively recently. I always find something to change every time I make a new submission. I'm hoping that I only recently momentarily confused the two characters. I hope that's the case. Otherwise, my error, spelled a-s-s, has been hanging out there for a very long time. I'm chalking this kind of error up to the brain fart of a old man from the Silent Generation. My wife who reads voraciously tells me she catches such errors in books all the time. I don't think she was lying to make me feel better.

PS: the internet photo is titled exactly as I entered it.


No comments:

Post a Comment