Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

BEAT COFFEE HOUSE FOR OLD BEATNIK MALE

Last night, drove to Portland to the Three Friends Coffee House on 12th Avenue to listen to Chris Luna (Vancouver's poet laureate), Dennis McBride and Mat Brouwer read poetry. Enjoyed their work. Specially appreciate McBride's sarcastic, in a monotone voice, sentiments. His delivery says it all. Didn't stay for open mic. Maybe some other time. A solid venue. Thanks to Chris Luna for telling me about it.

Screeching halt and change of direction: again I'm considering my age and my goal to get one novel published by someone other than myself. I've decided to briefly halt rewrite of Delinquent Lives since Angie's Choice is the novel most ready to go. Over the years, I've looked at the first three chapters of Angie as, at times, I've submitted it to agents or to publishers directly. It's plot is solid and the characters action ready. All I need do with Angie's Choice is run through the entire novel one more time to polish it to PERFECTION. Aha...humph...yes. Anyway...this being done, I can relax and keep Angie in circulation with a peaceful mind while I bring Delinquent Lives up to snuff...or...who knows...I've got a whole new novel on hold that might appeal to a younger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment