Let's Speak The Same Language

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

THE SILENT BOOMER IN THE VANCOUVER VECTOR

Han-shan
Today the 2nd issue of the monthly, The Vancouver Vector, appeared on the newsstands and in the coffee shops of Vancouver, WA. On page 19, two poems from my book, Gray House By Cold Mountain, appeared (thank you Sara Newton). The book is available at Amazon.com as is the book of poems based on my MFA thesis of long ago called Tenderfoot

The poetry books may be found at:

The poems in The Vector for reasons of space have been broken into shorter lines than the 8 line form of the originals which take after the poetry of the legendary Han-shan (i.e. Cold Mountain) associated historically with the Tang Dynasty. 


The psychic intensity for poetry seems to escape me these days which is part of the reason I have crossed the imaginary border into the world of prose. Of course, prose also requires intensity to develop its rhythms. Somewhat crippled, I continue on. It's not as bad as I make it sound, but I enjoy the fact I now have a varicose right leg (I think of it as having one foot in the grave) and need hearing aids, and I have no idea why exactly that tickles me.


No comments:

Post a Comment