Let's Speak The Same Language

Sunday, March 31, 2013

THE SILENT BOOMER MEDITATES TOO

The big question? Will meditation contribute to a man's goal to get someone other than himself to publish a book he writes?
Me Being Me...O yes!

Over the years, many times, I've tried to take up the practice of meditation, but my mind appears to be too nimble to let the silence catch it napping. A retreat counselor once called my computer "quicksilver" in a not too complimentary context. I'd been drinking, you see...back in the day. 

On my shelves sits a book entitled simply MEDITATION by Alan (you know who if you are my age) Watts. For awhile in Spokane, I went to the third floor of the Community Building on Main Street to meditate where a meditation room is open for drop-ins. I was able to sit quietly for up to 20 minutes. I tried to join a group, but the facilitator overwhelmed me in an unctuous tone with her desire to "help" me meditate. I have a problem with accepting help, don't you know?  

This go round I've invested 60 bucks to attend 6 sessions (I think) of meditation at Clark College for mature learners. Well...I'm old, I don't know how mature. Two questions for the readers of this blog. What will happen if I listen to the silence of the inner George? How does George look when he pretends to meditate? How come there's so much shouting in there?

No comments:

Post a Comment