Let's Speak The Same Language

Monday, March 18, 2013

YES...SOME MORE RECENT PUBLICATIONS!

If you want to check out my most recent short story publication which is quite some time back last year, find it at: http://workmagazinearchives.wordpress.com/back-issues/george-thomas-2272012/


Jose Ferrer my favorite Cyrano
Also, I've already mentioned the two poems that appeared in the March 2013 issue of The Vancouver Vector in Vancouver, Washington, but they don't seem to have a link to those poems that I can direct you too. I notice they do show links to everything that each of the various editors has written. Their editorial egos are obvious in that practice and by mentioning their oversight of my poetry in their archives, my ego is also revealed and brought into a duel with theirs for the title of "most swollen".

The Vector's editors might be forgiven their oversight as they are still fairly new at their business. Anyone involved over a long period of time in editing literary magazines and anthologies knows that since most things are published for free in that literary world, the least we could do (when I have been an editor) for our contributors was a short bio note or, at least, a mention of a recent publication. Newspaper people, unhappily, don't share that idea of common courtesy which has been made obvious by the Columbian and by the Vector in recent weeks as I plod my weary way toward a goal of publishing a book before the last of my brain cells wither away and I begin to drool without benefit of the fragrance of a fresh-from-the-oven Ragueneau pastry.

Ah, the ego of writers, specially those like myself who creep about on the edges of recognition and who finds in the slightest sneeze an insult. Cyrano would make much ado about my monstrously swollen nothingness. No doubt he would puncture it with his witty sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment